Guest Speaker Service
For a fee (assessed on a sliding scale according to need), the professional staff of Landmarks Association is able to provide presentations on St. Louis architectural history and historic preservation. From broad overviews of historic architecture to topical discussions, our staff has regularly appeared before continuing education groups, civic organization meetings, classrooms and even groups of elected officials.
Recent topics that we have presented include the following:
- "Historic Architectural Building Materials "
- "Historic Downtown Buildings"
- The Prehistoric Mounds of St. Louis
- Civil War Era People and Buildings in Carondelet
- The Evolution of Downtown and the 1947 City Plan
- History of the Tower Grove East Neighborhood
- "Landmarks' Most Enhanced and Most Endangered Lists"
Staff has recently presented to OASIS, Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District Guides, The Shepherd's Center at Webster Groves, Mound City Archaeological Society, Three Rivers Archaeological Society, Professional Tour Guides Association of St. Louis, National Conference of State Supreme Court Chief Justices, The Alberti Program at Washington University, The American Institute of Architects St. Louis Chapter, as well as numerous school groups of all ages and area neighborhood associations.